Swallowbot Upgrade Options ExplainedCongratulations on considering enhancing your Segway/Ninebot device with the Swallowbot upgrade. There is a lot of confusion going around right now about how to actually obtain this upgrade. I hope to explain your options in the following paragraphs.
First, as of this writing, the only Segway/Ninebot devices that can up upgraded with the Swallowbot are the Segway miniPRO and the Ninebot S. Currently, an upgrade for the miniPLUS and S Plus is being beta tested but is NOT available for the general public yet. The instructions herein, should apply to the miniPLUS and S Plus upgrade when it becomes widely available.
1. You can purchase a new Swallowbot circuit board from www.more4motion.com (M4M) and install it in your device yourself.
- You can also locate a local M4M Partner, if available in your area, and have them install the circuit board for you (additional fee involved).
- M4M offers a rebate/refund program for sending to them your old, unneeded circuit board. Contact M4M for full details.
- NOTE: The instructions for removing and reinstalling the circuit board in your device can be found in the file section called “Installation and Aftercare Instructions for the Swallowbot Upgrade.”
- NOTE: The instructions for removing and reinstalling the circuit board in your device can be found at the end of this document.
3. You can attempt to locate a local M4M Partner, if available in your area, to remove your old board and install the new Swallowbot board.
4. You can attempt to locate a local M4M Partner, if available in your area, to “flash” your currently installed circuit board with the Swallowbot upgrade. (No disassembly of your device required).
5. IF you have an Android phone (sorry this is NOT available for iPhone users) AND you are willing to use the WhatsApp messaging app, then M4M offers the option of having the installation program installed onto your ANDROID phone and allowing you to “flash” the upgrade onto your device, with no disassembly required, using Bluetooth.
- NOTE: There is a separate fee for EACH device that you “flash.”
- M4M does offer technical assistance via phone or video chat if you encounter any issues while upgrading your device using this process.